| 315—338, :, , retrieved 20 October 2020• The 9th-century Narratio writes of it as "like the sea or the flowing waters of a river"
|| History of Mehmed the Conqueror
| A long ramp from the northern part of the outer narthex leads up to the upper gallery
|| Marble Door [ ] The Marble Door inside the Hagia Sophia is located in the southern upper enclosure or gallery
Apse mosaic of the Virgin and Child The mosaic in the above the apse at the east end shows holding the and seated on a jewelled thokos backless throne.
- ايا صوفيا
- The sacred architecture of Byzantium : art, liturgy and symbolism in early Christian churches
- Hagia Sophia
- Harris, Jonathan, Constantinople: Capital of Byzantium
- Hagia Sophia
- The author relates that the fall of the city to "Mohammadenism" was foretold in an omen seen by Constantine the Great — an eagle fighting with a snake — which also signified that "in the end Christianity will overpower Mohammedanism, will receive the , and will be enthroned in it"
| In the 940s or 950s, probably around 954 or 955, after the of 941 and the death of the , r
|| Directorate of Hagia Sophia Museum
| On each side of Christ's shoulders is a circular with : on his left the Archangel Gabriel, holding a , on his right his mother Mary
|| The collapse was due mainly to the excessive and to the enormous of the dome, which was too flat
The cathedral's interior surfaces were sheathed with polychrome marbles, green and white with purple , and gold mosaics.
- آيا صوفيا: متحف أم كنيسة أم مسجد؟
- In early July 2020, the annulled the 's 1934 decision to establish the museum, revoking the monument's status, and a subsequent decree by Turkish president ordered the reclassification of Hagia Sophia as a mosque
- نص أول خطبة جمعة في بعد 86 عاما
- Greece and called for EU sanctions on Turkey
- آيا صوفيا جامع القسطنطينية الكبير وتحوليه من كنيسة إلي جامع
- The proposed conversion was decried by other Orthodox Christian leaders, the 's stating that "a threat to Hagia Sophia [wa]s a threat to all of Christian civilization"
| Dumbarton Oaks Center for Byzantine Studies
|| The Age of Sinan: Architectural Culture in the Ottoman Empire
| Construction of the church began in 532 during the short tenure of Phocas as
|| It is considered the epitome of and is said to have "changed the history of architecture"
" 5 January 2009 at the.
- Hagia Sophia
- In addition to strengthening the historic Byzantine structure, Sinan built two additional large minarets at the western end of the building, the original sultan's lodge and the mausoleum of Selim II to the southeast of the building in 1576—1577 AH 984
- آيا صوفيا الفسيفساء
- The is covered by a central dome which at its maximum is 55
- آيا صوفيا.. أيقونة إسطنبول الخالدة تترقب قرارًا تاريخيًا
- The mihrab located in the apse where the altar used to stand, pointing towards Mecca fell to the attacking Ottoman forces on 29 May 1453